UrFU hosts two-day seminar on increasing university's competitiveness
The conference was attended by nearly all members of the university's leadership, including academic department heads, members of administration and various other staff members.
Finland's Aalto University recently completed a three-way merger with the former Helsinki University of Technology, the Helsinki School of Economics and the University of Art and Design. A large portion of the leadership seminar focused on raising UrFU's visibility in much the same way as Aalto University was able to through its acquisitions.
"UrFU has excellent opportunities for development in terms of networking with other universities," Eero Kasanin, a professor at Aalto University's School of Economics who led the seminar with Aalto University School of Business Professor Rebecca Piekkari, said. "We believe that leadership is a skill that can be improved...We also like to note that the development of the Ural Federal University as a whole will depend on the economic development of the city, the region, because it's all very interconnected."
A follow-up workshop is scheduled to take place on Feb. 20 and 21 and will focus on the implementation of strategies to enhance UrFU's global competitiveness.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants