Sverdlovsk court considers Panova's bid to retain shares in Ura.ru
Panova was been found guilty of extortion and coercion by Yekaterinburg's Leninsky District Court last week, and she was given a suspended prison sentence of two years, with three years probation. The former editor-in-chief was banned from working in journalism during her suspended prison sentence, according to RIA Novosti.
The arbitration court is expected to decide whether or not Panova will be forced to sell her 49 percent share of Ura.ru as part of her sentencing on Jan. 16. The other 51 percent of Ura.ru is owned by GmbH, a holding company.
The courts are also considering a proposal from the prosecution to force Panova to forfeit her shares of Green-Alliance-People's Party, according to RIA Novosti.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants