Submariner families celebrate holidays in Yekaterinburg
A total of 141 naval servicemen and women docked their vessels in Severdvinsk prior to returning to their families for the Christmas and New Year celebrations, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
The underwater naval program was piloted in 1999 as a function of the Yekaterinburg administration. In 2001, the submarine "Yekaterinburg" was designed and paid for through a charity fundraiser. The one-man "Verkhoturye" vessel was built and deployed in 2011.
Throughout 2013, more than $2 million in charitable aid has been collected and disbursed to Yekaterinburg's submarine crews, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants