Kogalymavia Airlines apologizes to passengers over Sharm el-Sheikh baggage delay
The airline apologized for the incident, in which 81 pieces of luggage were delayed for nearly one week, saying that the flight's captain ordered that the baggage be left in order to increase aircraft refueling in Egypt due to adverse weather conditions, RIA Novosti reports.
The baggage arrived in Moscow at the Domodedovo International Airport on the day after the flight's departure. The airline had planned for the luggage to be delivered to Chelyabinsk that night, but problems arose due to customs clearance in Russia, which resulted in the baggage not arriving until Nov. 24, instead of on the scheduled date of Nov. 20.
The legal penalty for the offense is $1,500 to $3,000, according to RIA Novosti.
Kogalymavia is an airline based in Kogalym in Russia's Tyumen region. It began domestic service operations in May 1993. The airline is based at Kogalym Airport and Surgut Airport and also has a hub at Domodedovo International Airport in Moscow.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants