Hermitage Museum to open satellite branch in Yekaterinburg
The museum also plans to open satellite branches in Rostov-on-Don, Vladivostok, Omsk and possibly Kaliningrad and Moscow, Russia Beyond the Headlines reports.
The anniversary will also be celebrated by the Hermitage Museum Foundation in New York. The organization has received donations for the Hermitage contemporary art collection, which will include a Sol Lewitt installation in December 2014.
The possibility of a new branch of the museum in the U.S. has been discussed, but it would not be possible without the lifting of an art embargo that currently exists between the U.S. and Russia, according to Russia Beyond the Headlines.
The embargo issue will be addressed at a 2014 symposium in Washington, D.C., titled "Art Without Borders."
The Hermitage came into existence through the patronage of Catherine the Great. Today, the State Hermitage Museum holds a collection of around three million works.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants