Yekaterinburg theatre to produce Humperdinck's "Hansel and Gretel"
Mikhail Granovsky will provide the musical direction, and Alina Chevik will serve as stage director. Dmitry Cherbadzhi will be involved in stage design.
The two-hour performance was composed by Humperdinck in 1891 and 1892 and was first performed in Weimar in December 1893 under the direction of Richard Strauss, who called it an authentically German masterpiece.
The play is associated with Christmas and is performed most often around the holiday.
Englebert Humperdinck was a German composer born in Sieburg in the Rhine Province. His most well known work is "Hansel and Gretel."
The first four songs of the opera were composed to accompany a puppet show his nieces were giving at home. His sister Adelheid Wette wrote the libretto.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants