Uralvagonzavod's Burevestnik fulfills defense order for 2013
Burevestnik, a scientific research institute and arms manufacturer, will now begin work on the government's 2014 order for A190-01 weapons. The company has been providing A190-01-series guns for the government since 2011, Ural Business Consulting reports.
A190-01-series guns are designed for the Russian navy's vessels weighing in at 1.1 million tons or more. They have a firing rate of 80 shots per minute and a range of more than 12 miles. The guns are controlled remotely and are designed for tactical missions.
Burevestnik has delivered six A190-01 guns to the navy in 2013 and plans to double production for 2014, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants