Authorities arrest man suspected of gang crimes in 1990s
Officials believe the suspect has been in hiding for 18 years following his participation with the Shirokov-Arkhipov gang. Charges include 10 murders, bombing an airplane in Budapest and violent robberies, according to RIA Novosti.
Detained on Dec. 13, the suspect has been taken to Yekaterinburg to await trail.
Charges were filed against the unnamed suspect after investigators re-opened a 1995 racketeering and murder case earlier this year, RIA Novosti reports.
Seven members of the Shirokov-Arkhipov gang were previously convicted of murder and bombing and airplane and are serving long prison sentences.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants