Urban services disposes of industrial waste in Yekaterinburg
The hazardous material collection effort was started by the Committee on Ecology and Environmental Administration of Yekaterinburg, Ekburg.ru reports.
Crews dispensed several yellow containers for mercury waste throughout the city for residents to use in disposing of harmful household products such as mercury lamps, mercury thermometers and old batteries.
The EMUP project has been in existence for 15 years, serving the city in its effort to dispose of mercury waste and vapors and to educate the community about environmental issues related to mercury spillage, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants