Germany's Lufthansa Airlines to end Frankfurt-Yekaterinburg flights
Airline officials cite lack of profitability as the primary reason for the termination of the service, All Transport World reports.
Earlier this year, Lufthansa discontinued service at two other Russian destinations--Kazan and Perm.
Despite decreasing flight options in Russia, Lufthansa remains the largest foreign airline service in Russia.
UTair, a Russian airline, has since announced that it will be offering transfer flights from Yekaterinburg to several European destinations, including Dresden and Hannover, according to All Transport World.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants