Construction on UrFU's Yeltsin dormitory complete
The dormitory, constructed by LSR Group, is nine stories tall, takes up 19,000 square meters and will house up to 1,000 students, increasing Ural Federal University's room capacity by over 15 percent, 4-Traders reports.
The opening of the dormitory included a ceremony attended by Sverdlovsk region education leaders.
The housing unit will come complete with two elevators, high-speed Wi-Fi internet, a student cafe and medical rooms. Each floor has study rooms, common areas, kitchens and laundry rooms, according to 4-Traders.
Construction was done using modern energy-efficient seamless facade fit-out technology which will help maintain proper insulation.
"Ural Federal University is one of the leaders of Russian education; it actively develops and participates in major development programs," Dmitry Livanov, the Russian minister of education and science, said, 4-Traders reports. "Students received a big gift today. Dormitory is a second home for them, a place where new ideas are transferred into new projects. This is a great building and a great project, a true landmark for the city. The university should continue its growth to attract the most talented and motivated students from Russia and abroad."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants