USUE hosts conference on precious metals, tourism
Now in its third year, the conference was organized by the Federal Agency for Tourism, the Sverdlovsk Ministry of Economy and the Yekaterinburg city administration. It focused on synchronizing the Ural region's active mining industry with tourism strategies.
Conference organizers bring together representatives from across Russia and all of Europe to showcase substantial mining discoveries including gold and gems. Members of related industries, such as mining machinery, are also encouraged to participate.
The two-day event was held at a variety of locations, including the Palace of Folk Art, the Museum of Lapidary and Jewelry and the USUE campus. Speakers included Leo Brusnitsyn and Paul Bazhova, two experts in the precious metals mining sector.
Two tourism initiative proposals were developed during the conference-- Big Ural, a program to bring business events into the Urals, and the Jewel Ring of the Urals, a display of metals and jewels housed throughout Yekaterinburg.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants