UrFU hosts first session of Yekaterinburg Model U.N.
The event drew students from Tyumen and Novosibirsk, as well as from Ukraine, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Ecuador, France and the U.S.
The participants were separated into four committees, including the Future Security Council, Peace-Building Commission, General Assembly and Security Council.
The event included several discussions on the education of women around the globe. The U.N. proclaimed Oct. 11 to be "International Day of the Girl Child" in 2012. The goal of the annual event was to draw attention to social problems and the inequality of girls in societies around the globe.
The model U.N. event included a screening of the film "Girl Rising," which was organized by Ural Federal University, along with Global Shapers Community and the General Consul of the U.S. in Yekaterinburg.
The first Model U.N. event was held approximately 50 years ago, and since then, participation has grown to include almost 600 models in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the U.S.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants