UrFU to hold memorial for departed faculty member Stanislav Karelov
Karelov is best known for his scientific work in the field of secondary non-ferrous metals, where he helped to develop several technologies still used by the metallurgical industry today.
The departed provost began his academic career in 1967 as a member of Ural Polytechnic Institute's metallurgical faculty. He became UPI's deputy research chief in 1979 before joining UrFU's administration.
During his career, Karelov authored four textbooks and more than 200 scientific research papers.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants