UrFU men's handball team heads to next round of championship in Kazan
The team recently went up against challengers from Voronezh in the first match, which was led by the opponents for most of the game, ending with a score of 28-35, in favor of Voronezh.
UrFU competed with last year's champions, Belgorod Falcon, in the second game of the day. The Falcon team won 33-39 after a second half that was full of deletions and red cards.
Anatoly Postol scored 16 goals in the two games, making him the best scorer for the UrFU team in the second round.
Handball is a team sport in which two teams of seven players each compete to throw a ball into the opponents goal. A standard match includes two 30-minute periods. Modern handball is usually played indoors.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants