Sverdlovsk region approves 2014 budget
"Practically every consideration of the bill is accompanied by discussion," Legislative Assembly Chair Lyudmila Grandma said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "Thirty deputies [worked] as part of a reconciliation commission [to] examine in detail every item in the budget."
Legislative Assembly Vice-Speaker Helena Chyechunova said the primary strength of the 2014 regional budget deals with the strategic approach it takes to provide important funding to regional municipalities while accounting for a decrease in regional income.
"The main thing - it takes into account the means to protect social interests of the people," Legislative Assembly Deputy Sergey Nikonov said, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants