Authorities probe Oscar-winning filmmaker Mikhalkov's diamond company
Investigators allege that a $10 million supply contract between ChelProm-Diamond and Dundela Ltd. was illegal because Dundela was not registered with Russian authorities, RIA Novosti reports.
Mikhalkov won an Oscar in 1994 for his movie "Burnt by the Sun." The filmmaker is also involved in the diamond supply business.
The businessman is also a vocal political ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin. He owns a vineyard in Italy and produces his own wine, according to RIA Novosti.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants