UrFU to host BEST European engineering competition
The event is the largest of its kind and traditionally pits competitors against each other in two categories: team design and case study. Universities across Europe send teams of four to compete. Each section of the competition involves 10 teams that have all made it through a preliminary round. This year, UrFU will be sending 80 students to compete in the event.
The team design competition asks teams to construct a functioning mechanical device using available materials, and the case study section will have a business game format in which competitors come up with original solutions to actual problems put forth by partner companies. The winners of both sections will be chosen by a jury.
The competition is organized by BEST, the Board of European Students of Technology, which is a non-profit and non-political organization. The group has 98 local groups in leading technical universities all over Europe, in 30 countries.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants