Russian police detain former oil executive charged with stealing $800 million
Fyodor Khoroshilov is a former executive at Sibneft, which was acquired by Gazprom, a Russian state energy giant, according to RIA Novosti.
Khoroshilov was apprehended at an elite gated community several years after being put on an international wanted list. It is alleged that Khoroshilov knowingly provided falsified documents to obtain loans totaling $776 million between 2005 to 2008 from state-controlled bank VTB.
Khoroshilov will be sent to Yekaterinburg as part of the ongoing investigation, according to a police spokesman, RIA Novosti reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants