Sverdlovsk officials may pursue criminal charges over heating supply interruption in Polevksoy
Last week, area supplier Gazex stopped delivery of natural gas to local boiling house Novaya Energetika at approximately 12:10 p.m. local time. As a result, 190 apartment buildings, seven kindergartens, six secondary schools, three hospitals and one orphanage were left without heating or hot water. In total, more than 15,000 residents were affected by the outage, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Service was finally restored the following day at 4:30 p.m. local time when Sverdlovsk regional Minister of Communal Housing and Utilities Nikolai Smirnov became involved.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants