Nauru pledges support for Russia in domestic, international issues
During the meeting, Waqa pledged his country's total support for Russia's position on all issues, both domestic and international, The Voice of Russia reports.
Waqa expressed enthusiasm for developing a Russian-Nauruvian agreement of cooperation for economic and humanitarian initiatives.
The meeting continued with a discussion on Yekaterinburg's bid to host the 2020 World Expo, during which Waqa offered his support for the city's campaign for hosting rights.
"We highly appreciate a positive attitude of the Republic of Nauru to Russia's bid to host Expo 2020," Silin said, according to The Voice of Russia. "We expect your support and in case of the victory we hope the Republic of Nauru will have its exposition at the exhibition."
At the conclusion of the meeting, Silin offered to consider adding the Republic of Nauru to a list of recommended Oceania countries wherein Ural-region citizens are encouraged to visit.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants