Urals man accused of threatening grandmother's cat in extortion plot
The 20-year-old man forced his 71-year-old grandmother to withdraw money from her bank account and borrow money from her neighbors for two months, according to a police statement. The woman reported her grandson to the police after he threatened to torture her cat, RIA Novosti reports.
The report said the man "threw a knot around the cat's neck and tightened it" before locking the elderly woman in a cellar until she "agreed to meet his demands."
If convicted, the alleged criminal faces up to four years in prison, according to RIA Novosti.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants