Yekaterinburg bid to host World Expo 2020 touted in Paris
The committee presented on the unique features of Yekaterinburg, its economic and cultural potential and how it has been preparing for the exhibition, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
In honor of the bid Sverdlovsk Governor Yevgeny Kuyvashev was featured on the cover of French magazine "L' essentiel." The issue also included an interview with the official.
Other cities bidding to host the event include Izmir, Turkey; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Ayutthaya, Thailand.
The International Exhibition Bureau's Secretary General Vicente Loscertales visited Yekaterinburg in March 2012. Yekaterinburg is promoting its bid as being environmentally harmless. The committee will receive $2.5 billion from the federal budget, and the exhibition is expected to provide the city with two million square meters of housing, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants