Yakob begins term as head of Yekaterinburg's city administration
Yakob was appointed head of the city administration last week during a meeting of the city's Duma where his nomination received 30 votes. Yekaterinburg Mayor Yevgeny Roizman ratified the Duma's decision later that day, Ural Business Consulting Reports.
Born in Yekaterinburg in 1958, Yakob began his career in public service in 1995 as the head of Yekaterinburg's Department of Communal Housing Services and Utilities. Prior to his appointment as the city head, Yakob served as the first deputy head of Yekaterinburg-- a position he has held since October 2006.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants