Former Russian hockey player Andrei Petrakov dies at age 37
Petrakov was once a fixture of the North American major junior leagues, RIA Novosti reports.
He was a fourth-round draft pick for the St. Louis Blues in 1996 but never played a game in the NHL. He played with the Worcester IceCats, Muskegon Fury, Fort Wayne Komets and Peoria Rivermen in the major junior leagues.
In Russia, he won two championships with Metallurg Magnitogorsk, according to RIA Novosti.
The death was announced on the website of the Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg club. Petrakov's younger brother Denis, 20, plays for Avtomobilist's farm team Avto.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants