Emergency workers put out fire at Yekaterinburg's Park House
"The fire broke out in the room with refrigerators on the first floor of the department store Karusel," a police source said, according to ITAR-TASS. "The preliminary fire area is 25 square meters. The fire is put out. As many as 23 fire engines and 81 people were involved in the fire-fighting efforts. The cause of the fire is being looked for."
Officials evacuated 823 people and 20 workers from the center, according to the Ministry of Emergency Situations. The regional emergencies department reported that there were no injuries. The fire was first reported at approximately 10 p.m. Moscow time.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants