Rostelecom to provide set-top boxes for Interactive TV
Interactive TV enables users to efficiently and easily manage television viewing, giving them the opportunity to record or watch programs from the past three days. Users can also pause and rewind. It also provides a video library service of over 1.2 million high quality movies and TV series. Rostelecom has direct contracts for the supply of content from Walt Disney Studio, Warner Brothers, Sony Entertainment, Paramount Pictures, 21st Century Fox, BBC, Paradise, TsentralPartnerShip and STV.
Rostelecom works consistently to improve the efficiency of procurement procedures so as to actively achieve the best conditions. The initial contract price for the two lots was set at $48.68 million but decreased to $37.2 million after a re-auction, marking a drop of over 23 percent.
The winning bid includes the sale of 656,000 sets of Interactive TV Standard and Interactive TV Standard Plus. Forty-seven thousands sets of Interactive TV Standard Plus will also be delivered to SmartLabs, and 609,000 sets of Interactive TV Standard delivered to SmartLabs, Promzakazy and Ultrasonic Promsvyaz.
Rostelecom will receive the necessary technical resources to further increase the number of subscribers to the service, which is currently provided to over 1.7 million families in Russia.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants