Court fines Yekaterinburg Mayor Yevgeny Roizman for libel
According to the court, Roizman committed libel against Karpov and his wife in a Sept. 17 posting on social network LiveJournal by stating, "a former employee of the prosecutor's office of the Sverdlovsk region, Alexey Karpov and his wife, a member of the Ural Transport Prosecutor's Office, Anna Filatova, suspected in the murder of two graduates," according to RIA Novosti.
Karpov filed a complaint to the courts, saying Roizman's unsubstantiated accusations have damaged the honor and dignity of his and his wife's reputations.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants