Chelyabinsk city administrator of Miass charged in plot to kill business rivals
Ardabievsky remanded to two months' pretrial detention, RIA Novosti reports.
The leader is believed to have ordered the killings during the time he's been employed as Miass' top administrator, beginning in 2005.
Investigators said they have credible information that the Turbazovskiye gang killed the victims, Andrei Paduchin and Pavel Sidorov. The gang is also implicated in about 30 contract killings between 1999 and 2011, according to RIA Novosti.
The gang's name means travel resort and is believed to be a reference to a local resort opened by Ardabievsky and alleged gang leader Sergei Chashchin.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants