Moscow authorities search for former Rosneft executive Valery Kardanov
Kardanov is suspected of embezzling a resort facility and four luxury vehicles prior to his resignation from Rosneft's Kabardino-Balkaria Republic subsidiary in late 2012. In total, police estimate the former executive's activities cost the company approximately $31 million, RIA Novosti reports.
Officials believe that Kardanov leveraged his executive position at Rosneft to facilitate the illegal purchase of the oil company's state-owned resort in Mount Elbrus to an unauthorized third party. Police further suspect Kardanov worked with a group of unnamed associates to embezzle four luxury vehicles from Rosneft's KBTK subsidiary.
Kardanov has been arrested in absentia and placed on Interpol's wanted list. Presently, two fraud cases have been opened on him, according to RIA Novosti.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants