Yekaterinburg court denies petition to keep Aksana Panova in jail
Panova, who is romantically involved with newly-elected Yekaterinburg Mayor Yevgeny Roizman, has been charged with two counts of blackmail, one count of fraud and one charge of using her position as editor-in-chief of Ura.ru to embezzle $400,000 for personal use, The Moscow Times reports.
Courts decided to allow Panova to await trial as a free citizen, despite a petition submitted by city Duma member Yevgeny Belonosov, who alleged that Panova attempted to blackmail him with threats to publish false information through her current news agency, Znak.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants