UrFU opens Gazprom Transgaz Ugorsk training facility
During the Innoprom event this past summer, UrFU Rector Victor Koksharov and Gazprom Transgaz Ugorsk General Director Peter Sozonov signed an agreement to establish a UrFU base in the area to train students in power and turbines and enginges. Thirty-four students will be enrolled in the program, and full-time students will receive a scholarship.
Koksharov said the program will write a new history for Russian higher education with its decision to work with a leading company in the region. The school laid the foundation for further mutually beneficial cooperation, which could create conditions for the training of engineers of the future, and Sozonov said the opening also marks a new phase for company and its training of workers and engineers.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants