UrFU develops optical fiber to search for extraterrestrial life
The technology helps to check the temperature of planets in deep space to determine which could potentially be suitable for life.
The fibers are unparalleled in the world and were grown from crystals by the now head of the department, Leah V. Zhukov.
Space exploration is not the only area in which the new fibers can be used. They can also be use din the pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemical and food industries.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants