Universities begin specialty training to prepare for implementation of education law
Scholarships will be offered to students interested in specialty areas, and schools will also work with corporations to offer incentives and training to students.
Ural Federal University recently adopted a regional standard for the design and implementation of applied baccalaureate programs in the areas of engineering and technology.
The university is also creating programs with Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company in order to provide skilled workers directly for the company. Students who apply for the program may also be eligible for an increased stipend.
Dmitry Livanov, Russia's minister of education and science, said the demand for skilled workers has increased, due to the lack of qualified personnel in the region. The goal of the program is to establish financial incentive for students in order to meet the needs of the region.
Ural Federal University is one of the first schools to adopt the regional standard.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants