Yekaterinburg mayoral candidate Silin mistakenly uses picture of "Game of Thrones" star Emilia Clarke in local campaign ad
The politician posted the photo on his Facebook page, labeling the woman in the photo as a local woman named "Anya," who expressed her feelings of safety in the city, WebProNews reports.
"I suddenly noticed that I haven't been afraid to take walks around Yekaterinburg at night the last couple of years," the woman said, according to WebProNews. "It's so wonderful: few people around, the street lamps alight, the fresh air. It's incredibly beautiful, especially after the rain.
The inaccuracy of the ad led to an outpouring of dissent from fans of the television show, which prompted Silin to release a statement on the issue.
"We assure you that Daenerys Targaryen is just a beautiful woman here," Silin's campaign said, WebProNews reports. "We don't aspire to her support, but we wouldn't be ashamed to show her around Yekaterinburg."
Emilia Clarke has not released a statement regarding the use of her photo.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants