Yekaterinburg Day Expo to be held this weekend
Activities will begin at 10 a.m. local time on Saturday with the ceremonial raising of the Yekaterinburg city flag. At 10:30 a.m., a municipal parade and vintage car motorcade will start on Lenin Avenue and end at Chemists Alley. A flower show will also occur in October Square at 10:30 a.m.
On Saturday, attendees will have the chance to attend a water show at the city pond, a roller skiing competition, a food festival, the International Cat Show and several other events until 11 p.m., when the day's festivities will conclude with a fireworks show at the city pond.
On Sunday, Yekaterinburg Day festivities will resume at noon with a street theater performance of "Street Faces." An air show at Yekaterinburg's airport by the Swifts aerobatic team will also be held, followed by the opening of the Fifth International Festival of Contemporary Art at Vladimir Mayakovsky Central Park.
Yekaterinburg Day will conclude at 3 p.m. on Sunday with a concert at Ural State Conservatory.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants