UrFU releases demographic data for 2013-2014 academic year freshmen
This year, UrFU admitted 5,842 new students of the 20,020 applications received. Of the new freshmen, 4,122 have applied for financial aid programs within the university. One hundred of the new students are winners of the Olympiad program.
UrFU has admitted a record number of international students this year: 300 of the incoming freshman hail from across Tunisia, China, Mongolia, Vietnam, Tajikistan, Kyrgzystan and Kazakhstan.
The vast majority of incoming Russian national students are from Yekaterinburg and the Sverdlovsk region. The second largest group of incoming Russian students are from the Chelyabinsk region. The Tyumen region claims the least number of incoming UrFU freshmen.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants