Couple investigated over blog criticizing Russian Orthodox Church
The couple have long been prominent members of the evangelical Protestant Pentecostal movement, a movement that has been vocal about its opposition to the Russian Orthodox Church, of which President Vladimir Putin is a member, BBC reports.
According to authorities, Petr Tkalich posted harsh comments about the Russian Orthodox Church, claiming its members were anti-Semitic. Tkalich also allegedly said that Russia's church leaders are are "servants of the antichrist," according to the BBC.
During a visit to the Tkalich home by authorities, Petr Tkalich was told that he and his wife should leave Russia.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants