UrFU admits first wave of new students
In total, 2,936 students enrolled, representing 70 percent of the planned admission to the university. The school is still awaiting the second wave of students. The UrFU website currently displays a list of those applicants who are recommended for the second wave of admission.
Some students, such as Vlad Karpov of the Higher School of Economics and Management, said it was hard waiting for the list of accepted applicants after filing papers in the beginning of July.
According to the selection committee, most students showed interest in the areas of journalism, history, international relations and linguistics. In the areas of engineering, students preferred construction, power generation and electrical engineering, chemical engineering and computer science.
Applicants came from the areas of Sverdlovsk, Chelyabinsk, Orenburg, Tyumen and Perm regions, as well as Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. The university also received applicants from China, Mongolia, Tunisia and Vietnam.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants