UrFU to close admissions process for undergraduates
University officials said more than 19,000 applications have been received for first-year university students. Of those applicants, the university expects to enroll approximately 8,400 students.
The most popular majors declared by prospective students for the upcoming year include journalism, history, international relations, linguistics and engineering. Among those seeking admission to the engineering program, most applicants have indicated interests in construction, power generation, electrical engineering, chemical engineering and computer science.
While the majority of prospective undergraduates are native to the Sverdlovsk and Chelyabinsk regions, the university has received an increased number of applications from students in the Orenburg, Tyumen and Perm regions, as well as from Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants