Yekaterinburg Opera, Ballet to premiere "The Butterfly Lovers
"The Butterfly Lovers" is a Chinese legend that follows the story of a pair of lovers, Liang Shanbo and Zhu Yingtai. It is often referred to as the Chinese equivalent of Romeo and Juliet.
The tragic love story is set in the eastern Jin dynasty. In the story, Zhu Yingtai, a young woman, wants to go to school, despite living in an era that discourages females from going to school. She dresses as a boy and soon meets Liang Shanbo, a scholar. As they study together for three years, Zhu falls for Liang, who fails to notice that Zhu is a female.
The earliest record of the legend can be traced back to the late Tang dynasty. A Liang Shanbo Temple in Shaojiadu Village, five miles west of Ningbo City, features a statue of the young couple.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants