Olympiad winners presented with awards at UrFU ceremony
The competitions, held at Ural Federal University, brought together 135 students from the 11th grade, as well as 25 ninth-graders. UrFU Rector Viktor Koksharov presented the awards.
Finalists have the opportunity to compete for admission to higher education institutions, though most of the students hope to gain acceptance to UrFU.
Koksharov said the school is waiting for such bright students, reminding them that UrFU students in science receive a stipend of $381.53 and those who participate in athletics, work and social life can receive up to $305.
The majority of high school students participating in the contest hope to attend UrFU after high school.
This year, the Physics and Technology Institute will host 400 individuals to be trained on a budgetary basis.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants