Yekaterinburg students visit UrFU, engage in different sports
Ilya Mordvinov, the head of development for the sports facilities at UrFU, showed the students a few Thai boxing techniques and introduced them to the rules of rugby, which is rapidly gaining popularity in Russia.
Marina Alimpiev, a staff member at the university's student group organization, said the students were invited to participate in whichever sport they wanted, adding that while many chose traditional sports, a few brave students participated in Thai boxing and rugby.
The program is the brainchild of the Lyceum 130 School in Yekaterinburg, Ural Federal University and the administration of the Kirov district in Yekaterinburg.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants