Putin travels to Yekaterinburg for Russia-EU summit
While in the Urals, Putin met with with EU Council Chairman Herman Van Rompuy and European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso to discuss the world economy, as well as the economic relationship between Russia and EU member states. The leaders also addressed the activities of the G-20 and Russia's role as the chairing body, according to ITAR-TASS.
Following a press conference and plenary session on Tuesday morning, representatives at the summit were scheduled to sign an agreement on drug precursors. Russian Federal Drug Control Service head Viktor Ivanov represented Russia during the signing.
Russia's delegation during the two-day summit was comprised of Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, Justice Minister Alexander Konvalov, Energy Minister Alexander Novak and Economic Minister Andrei Belousov, ITAR-TASS reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants