UrFU students compete in international internet math competition
The event was attended by 84 students from 49 colleges and universities in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Slovenia, Tajikstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
The final round of competition consisted of a writing section judged by the panel. Over 30 leading scholars and teachers from Russia and other countries made up the program committee and organizing committee of the Olympiad.
Winners were determined in four categories, including special discipline; engineering and technology; economics and management; and humanities and law.
Alexander Sukhov, a UrFU freshman in the university's engineering department, took third place, winning a second degree diploma and silver medal in the engineering and technology category. Sukhov was in the top 10 overall, as well. He was selected to participate in the Super Final competition, which will take place in mid-August at Ariel University in Israel.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants