UrFU students participate in Education Without Borders
Earlier this month, six UrFU students attended CIS Network University's student conference focusing on innovations and their impact on global and domestic economies.
A student of UrFU's Institute of Radio Engineering and Information Technology presented a paper at the conference highlighting his team's development of speech recognition technology.
Other students in UrFU's Ural Power Engineering Institute shared their progress on the feasibility of solar power for use in heating homes during the cold months. Meanwhile, other engineering students presented research on the potential of harnessing hydropower in the Republic of Tajikistan.
UrFU joined the Network University of the Commonwealth of Independent States in May 2011. Network University allows students to study at a variety of international universities within the network to maximize his or her learning experience.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants