Russian-EU summit to involve economic discussion
"The issue will be discussed in detail within the framework of the Russia-EU summit due in a span of several weeks in Yekaterinburg," Dvorkovich said, according to ITAR-TASS. "Issues of our cooperation with Europe in the gas and energy sectors will be in the focus of attention, and afterwards political signal will be given."
Dvorkovich said Europe has been demonstrating a tendency of rejecting nuclear energy following the accident at Fukushima's nuclear plant in Japan, which has lead to changes in Europe's energy balance.
"The role of gas will only grow," Dvorkovich said, ITAR-TASS reports. "And it looks highly improbable that it could be completely replaced by alternative energy sources."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants