Universiade torch relay passes through UrFU
The event began with the lighting of the torch outside of Yekaterinburg's Ural Federal building on Lenin street. The 39 torchbearers had passed the flame over five continents before arriving to UrFU's campus to kick off Universiade. Those who brought the flame to Yekaterinburg had traveled more than 620 miles before arriving at UrFU during their portion of the relay.
Yekaterinburg residents and students of the university spent the rest of the day competing in a variety of recreational sports. Games included sumo wrestling in inflatable suits, an electric scooter relay race and soccer with an over-sized ball.
At the conclusion of Universiade, trophies were given to the competitors and teams who demonstrated the most spirit during the activities.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants