UrFU vice rector speaks with Thailand's Thammasat University on economic challenges in Yekaterinburg area
Bougrov spoke on the Koltsovo Airport, which ranks third in Russia in terms of value and level of infrastructure. In terms of tourist travel, Koltsovo's airport is the second most visited airport behind Moscow, often bringing tourists in from Thailand.
Bougrov said between Ural Federal University and Koltsovo Airport, Yekaterinburg is on its way to becoming a hub of higher education in Russia and abroad.
During the visit, UrFU and Thammasat University signed two documents related to academic exchange between universities.
Additionally, Bougrov spoke on the Russian system of higher education. The representatives from Thailand expressed interest in developing a program of cooperation with UrFU to ensure the regular exchange of faculty, students, joint publications and other academic efforts.
The immediate plans of cooperation include a summer Russian studies course in Russia for students from Thailand. Professor Nitinant Vizavaysuan of Thammasat University says that Thai students are also interested in studying the Russian language. The number of Russian students studying abroad in Thailand has increased.
Last February, Ural Federal University concluded a five-year framework agreement of cooperation with Thailand's University of Khon Kaen.
It is also expected that several agreements will be signed with Thai universities during this year's Innoprom international industrial exhibition.
Currently, eight Thai students are enrolled at UrFU in the areas education and science, as well as two in Russian as a foreign language. UrFU has also opened a "Thai Room" as a joint project with the University of the Embassy of Thailand.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants