UrFU students fundraising for victims of Sichuan earthquake in China
Last month, an earthquake in the Chinese province of Sichuan killed over 200 people and injured over 11,000.
Zhang Peng and Lee Highway came together to raise funds to be donated to the victims. The students are operating the fundraiser in the two main buildings of Urfa, with the help of Rector Viktor Koksharov. The students created tables with glass boxes and handmade posters depicting the Chinese people, animals and landscapes of the country in order to appeal to people to help those affected by the disaster.
Zhang said he has been in contact with friends in the Sichuan area. He also stressed the importance of providing people with information on where to send money.
Lee said that while money is not the most important thing, donating will help to validate the friendship between China and Russia.
The students will continue their campaign through May 10.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants